Thursday 19 July 2012

Summer Holidays are here!!

Great start to the summer holidays - everyone up as early as usual!!  I was hoping for a bit of a lie in???  So I thought I would share a couple of cards I made using the Mixed Bunch stamp set and matching Blossom punch.


I love the bright summery colours of this card, it is similar to one I saw on Pinterest. I used Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight,and Pear Pizzaz, the layers have been stamped with Whisper White craft ink. I inked up the large flower with Daffodil Delight ink then rolled the edge of the stamp in Cherry Cobbler ink to give a two tone effect then the flowers were punched out with the matching Blossom punch. I wrapped some Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine around the Pear Pizzaz card and tied it together with So Saffron taffeta ribbon.


For this card I used my heat gun and black embossing powder, something I haven't done for soooooo long!!!  I love the embossing powders from Stampin' Up! they are great for detail stamps, look out for more embossing soon.
I used Basic Black and Melon Mambo card, layered with First Edition newsprint DSP, the smaller flowers were punched with the Boho Blossoms punch and have a gem in the centre for a little bling. 

Well I better go and get on - today's plan is to get rid of some more "clutter" and that includes old toys & books so I think Lucy & Philip better watch out!!  The sun is out, so fingers crossed the washing can go outside to dry today.

Angela x

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Both are lovely cards Angela. I'm the same with the embossing powders and don't use them enough but love the effect...lol. Hope you are well? xx