Friday 4 May 2012

Celebration Workshop


On Saturday I had 2 sessions for my Celebration Workshop at a lovely new venue. 
There are a lot of pictures for this one, so you might need a cuppa to keep you going!!


One of the main projects we made was this lovely mini album, made to look like a handbag.  This is not my own idea, Laura at Airing Cupboard Stamping made this one and has a lovely tutorial on her blog - you can find the details here.


The bag opens up to reveal two mini books that you can fill with photos and journalling.


In the kit everyone had a pack of the gorgeous crowns to add to their creations, along with half a pack of the Tickets & Tags Simply Scrappin' kit and some extra card and embellishments.


This is one of my books ready to be decorated.


The seam binding ribbon keeps the books in place when the bag is closed.


This is my second version of the bag, made into a card. I know some of the ladies are not really interested in scrapbooking, so I showed them how easy it is to make a secial Birthday card using the same template.


I added some bunting punched from the lovely papers in the kit, and a large flower sticker with a sentiment punched out,  a really quick and easy card to make.


I made a couple of cards with the kit for inspiration and this was one of the popular ones on the afternoon. A "window" was punched in the card with a scalloped frame for the crown to hang from, the crown can be easily taken off to be used.


I used a circle punch to make the bunting for this card, another quick card to make.


These cards are on 2" x 2" perfect for gift tags, made with some of the left over card. A box was made with the scallop square die to put them - another popular idea on Saturday!


I love making these little pouches, they are so quick and easy to do!!  I found some rock sweets with Union Jack's on them - perfect to go with my crowns!!

Everyone enjoyed the day, the new room is lovely and bright and as the sun was shinning we had the windows open, not sure what has happened since as it is so cold and not a glimpse of sunshine all week!!

I am now taking bookings for my next workshop 30th June - "How Does Your Garden Grow?" places are limited already!!!

Angela x



4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Wow - gorgeous work. Love all the colours in the papers - Jacqueline xx

Kate M said...

Great projects - I am sure everyone had a lovely day.

Kate
xx

Margaret said...

These are amazing! I love the mini scrapbook holder and the cute little note cards and holder! Sounds like such a wonderful class!!

Simple homemade living said...

Angela the class looks amazing. I am so glad someone is using the tutorial. I will be casing some of the projects you made for the class if you don't mind x x