Sunday 13 May 2012

40th Birthday Card

I am often asked by the teachers at school to make special cards for them - this is one I made a few weeks ago.  I wasn't sure if this would be "too cute" and I made another one just in case - my Sister will be 40 in July, so now I have a card Lucy & Philip can give to her.


I chose the Every Little Bit stamp set as there are so many small images perfect for a card like this one. The base is Crumb Cake with Early Espresso, Pink Pirouette, Marina Mist and Very Vanilla, the images are coloured with the same colours using marker pens. Then the squares are punched out and I used a corner rounder punch before layering them up, I cut a "40" using the exclusive Timeless Type sizzix alphabet and I added Dazzling Diamonds for a bit of sparkle!!

Angela x


2 comments:

Margaret said...

What a great way to use these little images! I love the little crumb cake bow and the glittery 40!

Anonymous said...

Nice 40th birthday card Thanks for sharing...