Sunday 18 March 2012

Happy Mothers Day

I made my Mother's Day card and gift box last minute again!! So I managed to get a photo this morning before I went to my Mum's for lunch.


Every Mum deserves flowers - I used the exclusive sizzix Blossom Party die from the Spring mini catalogue to make these gorgeous flowers for my plant pot.


This is a gift box that Margaret shared with everyone last week at the shoe box swap.  I used Cajun Craze card for my pot and inked the edges to give a worn look to it - I put a bag of Thornton's luxury dinner mints in as they are my mum's favourite!!


I made an extra flower for the focal point of my card and of course I had to use more of the gorgeous Sale-a-Bration Everyday Enchantment papers!!  There are less than 2 weeks left to get yours!!!


This is the arty angle so you can see the depth of the flowers and the gorgeous Victoria crochet trim.


Here they are together, I also took a lovely planted metal tub for the patio as my mum loves her garden.

Last week was another very busy week!!  Hopefully Philip will go back to school tomorrow but not before he has managed to share his germs with the rest of us!!  Darran had a week off last week and finally after almost two years (yes! 2 years!!!) I now have a lovely newly decorated bedroom, with a carpet that is so soft to walk on!!!  Now everywhere else could do with freshening up - maybe I can find some inspiration and make a start??

I have had a lovely day and not only had Darran taken Lucy shopping for Mothers Day, my mum had also got something for her as well - she usually asks my mum to get her something - a beautifully decorated cake with roses on the top of it - it looks too nice to cut!!!  I managed to get some craft time in this afternoon as well, while Lucy went out to play & Philip went to bed for a sleep as he was being a little monster!!!

I have a lot of projects to share and my new Friday classes start this week, so I'm going to schedule my posts for this week now!!

I hope that mum's everywhere have had a lovely day today!

Angela x

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a pretty card and gift box I love them Hugs Elaine

Margaret said...

These are amazing! I love the adorable flower pot container with the gorgeous flowers and your card is fabulous with the crochet trim!! I'm sure your mother loved both (especially the mints!)