Wednesday 6 April 2011

Bright and Bold

I thought I would share a couple of really bright cards I have made using the new sizzix dasies die.  These flowers are so easy to make and you can cut multiple layers so great if your making a few quick cards!!


This card uses some of the bright Sweet and Sour papers, I love these papers - some sheets have a glossy sheen and some flocked, I have die cut a daisy with Pumpkin Pie card adding a button from the Brights Collection for the centre, a quick punched boarder with the scalloped edge punch and a strip of Melon Mambo card. So quick and easy!!


This card is very similar using the Newsprint papers - I have finally cut in to them!  The flower is die cut in Melon Mambo with a button from the neutrals collection and a length of linen thread.  I have made a ribbon band for the centre of the card using Very Vanilla satin and the narrow Basic Black taffetta.

I chose not to put a sentiment on the cards until I need to sent them to someone.  It is a beautiful day here today, sunny and it feels lovely and warm 20'C!!!  I do hope this weather is here to stay, it makes you feel so much better!!

Angela x

4 comments:

angelwings said...

Love these die cut daises they make gorgeous cards and i love how you have used the sweet and sour papers.

Chris said...

Just love these cards - can't decide which is my favourite colour combo!
Chris xx

Kat said...

Beautiful cards Angela. Love the hot colours. I know what you mean about lovely DP. I either can't use it for ages or use it all the time lol!

The weather here has been lovely too. Really nice to walk the dogs when it's like this.

Kat xx

Anonymous said...

These are Such pretty cards- now I haven't got that daisy-hmm!!! I've been loving the sunshine too- even went to the park! I think that die might be falling into my order next time!! Thanks for your lovely comments too :-)