Saturday 4 December 2010

Inspired by the Big freeze

I thought I would share some more punch art with you, I have really enjoyed using my Stampin' Up! punches to create something new. I have used several different punches to make some Penguins, I'm sure if this weather keeps up I will spot some in my garden soon!!!  It is so cold out there!!


The papers are form the Jolly Holiday Christmas collection, with some gorgeous Old Olive satin ribbon and a punched Very Vanilla border layered under the ribbon.  I thought the penguin looked cute balanced on the top of the presents, I used Old Olive taffeta ribbon here. Crystal effects has been added to the eyes to give them a raised finish.

Punches used are the extra large oval, 1/8", 1/4", 1/2",  11/4" circles, star and 5petal flower punch.

I have a mountain of ironing I'm hoping to get through this weekend!!!  Then I think I'm going to take advantage of being stuck at home and get on with wrapping some of the Christmas presents I have bought.  Hope you all have a good weekend and stay safe and warm.

Angela x

7 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Angela,
What a beautiful card. I love the way you have created the penguin. A really fun card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Nannieflash said...

Well I sincerely hope you dont see penquins in the garden as we arnt quite that close to North Pole even if it that cold, love your card and your little fellow is gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxx

Chris said...

Love the card - especially the penguin - will have to have a go at making him!
Chris xx

SarahPitts said...

Cute penguin! Hope you manage in the cold and snow this week.
Sarah x

Kat said...

Love this card. The DP is lovely and that penguin is so cute.

It's really cold here too and now we've got lots of ice as well as lots of snow!

Kat xx

Lavender and old lace said...

what a great card I love it take care Dorothy xxxxx

Stephanie said...

This is just gorgeous Angela, cute but stylish too :) x