Sunday 28 November 2010

Cards for Men


I always struggle to make suitable cards for men, so when I saw the new 12x12 paper stacks in the Stampin' Up! catalogue I knew the neutrals would be perfect for so many occasions.  The papers are double sided and there are 2 sheets of each colour and pattern for £15.95 making them teriffic value!! 


I have used Basic grey for my card base and some of the lovely striped paper, I have added a line of faux stitiching at one side.  I have put some of the jumbo pewter eyelets along the edge of the card & I added a punched star adding faux stitching and sponging ink around the edges.  The sentiment has been stamped directly on to the paper.


For this card I have used more of the Basic Grey paper with a length of Basic Black taffetta ribbon.  The sentiment is from the On a Pedestal stamp set, I have used the new fancy label punch, edging it with a Basic Grey Stampin' Write marker pen. Really quick and simple to make!!

Winter has arrived here again!!!!  We have had a lot of snow since last Thursday and it looks like it will be here to stay as it is so cold and the snow showers keep on coming down!!  This morning around 10 am the car still showed  -7C, it has not been above freezing all day!! So I am planning on staying home and wrapping some Christmas presents and finally catching up with some of my favourite blogs this week.  I have been busy making various things for some Christmas fairs and I have had Philip home for almost 10 days as he has been unwell, so that has taken up most of my time.

Angela x

3 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Angela,
These are fabulous man cards. the papers and colours are so suitable.
I love them.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Juls said...

oooooooooh these are very stylish!!! Fabulous! Hugs Juls

Faye said...

This is gorgeous and perfickt for a man card. I love stars right now. xxx