Monday 7 September 2009

Indian Summer .....

What a beautiful day, just like an Indian summer!! The children are back at school and the sun decides to shine!! We always take a picture on the first day of term, surprisingly Lucy still looked smart when I picked her up and she hasn't scuffed her shoes yet??!



Today's card is for two challenges,

Truly Scrumptious challenge 15 a sketch and the theme of "Indian Summer", sponsored this week by Home Impressions with a cute set of "Jack & Jill" stamps.

Stampin for the Weekend challenge 14, colours "pink, teal & orange" sponsored this week by The Craft Barn £15 voucher.



I have used my new Sugar Nellie Manga girl stamp, coloured with promarkers, the patterned paper is from a magazine freebie but the colours and pattern work well for the Indian Summer theme, DCWV card, retro flower punches, stickles stardust glitter glue, victorian & swiss dots embossing folders, card candy. I really like the way this card has turned out with these colours its an unusual combination for me.

I think it will be a quiet week for my blog this week as Philip starts nursery tomorrow, he should have gone today but no one told us?? So I will be spending my mornings helping the support person to get to know Philip and how to help him get around and communicate, but well worth it as I will have *5* mornings for me!! I have got to make some more cards for the neo-natal unit as they have asked for more, its just 7 weeks since I took around 50-60 cards, I don't like it when they are busy like this as I know only too well that its not all happy endings.

Thanks for stopping by,

Angela xx


12 comments:

Nikki said...

Beautifully coloured image & fab use of embossing folders, love it!

Kat said...

I love this card it's so bright and cheerful. The Manga images seem to suit bright colours don't they. And Lucy looks so smart in her uniform. Hope Philip gets on ok when he starts nursery tomorrow.

Kat xx

LOUISE said...

beautiful card Angela, love the Manga girl, and the colours are lovely. Louise x

debby4000 said...

Lucy is looking so cute and you had better weather than us.
Fabulous card too, love the cute image and colours.
luv
Debby

Sharon said...

What gorgeous colours Angela and this is my new favourite SN image! Thanks for joining in our TS challenge.

Kimmi said...

Beautiful card. I love this little Manga girl. She is so sweet. Love the layout and the papers are fab! Have fun making your cards of the neo natal unit. Everyone counts as the money raised goes to such a good cause!

Thank you for playing along with us at Stampin' for the Weekend. We hope you had fun and that you come back again for more challenges :D Good Luck!

Kimmi

crafty amy said...

Brilliant card I love the idea of the idian summer theme it's just perfect for the colour combo. The embossing gives great texture and I love the manga image :D
Good luck to your little ones at school and nursery.
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

Jessica Theodore said...

Your daughter is cutie! love your card, you have made great use of the colours! xx

Di said...

WOW great card, love the colours and the image is fab!!
Thanks for joining SFTW this week.

Di xxx

Dawn said...

Wow this is gorgeous and beautiful colouring..

thanks for joining us on TS

Dawn

Heather said...

Hi Angela - just gorgeous and that freebie paper is stunning (not often upir can say that - is it?)Love the colours and that cute Manga girl (waiting for mine to arrive - all seems to take so long to reach Germany - perhaps I should move back to UK).
Thanks so much for playing along with us at TS.
hugs Heather xx

SemSee said...

Oh, I love this Angela! Such a yummy colour-combo, but so beautifully put together and coloured by you!! Big hugs, Sem xx